- Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category: Professional Series
This course is an interactive best practice workshop to teach you how to manage cost, risk and resources to deliver successful projects using body of project management professional practices. The topics will be covered in a modular fashion with an emphasis of the practical application of the information.
Who should attend?
- Project Managers
- Project Administrators
- IT Managers
- Finance Managers
- Project Accountants
- Project Team Members looking to increase their knowledge of professional project management
The workshop utilises interactive sessions to ensure maximum retention of information so you can hit the ground running when you return to work.
- Are you responsible for managing projects and project team members?
- Do you have practical experience in managing projects but lack exposure to best practice?
- Do you want to increase your knowledge of in-depth project management practices?
- Are you looking for professional development to accelerate your career?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these then you need to be doing this course. You will learn what is considered to be international best practice in relation to project planning, scheduling and control.
Participants will gain an understanding of
- How to formally start and approve a project
- How to define requirements and the project scope
- Appropriate cost and time estimating techniques
- How to build and monitor a project budget
- Appropriate project risk management
- Project human recourse management
- Resource estimation and levelling techniques
- How to manage a portfolio and a program of projects
- Initiation Theory
- Develop a Business Case
- Financial Selection
- Develop a Project Charter
- Identifying Stakeholders
- Introduction to Program Management
- Financing projects
- Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Time Management
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Duration
- Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Control Risks
- Project Human Resource (HR) Management
- Plan HR Management
- Acquire, Develop and Manage Project Teams
Falcon Training materials are grounded in globally recognised standards including A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and ISO21500. The course material and delivery that we offer is specifically designed to up-skill students on best practice project management concepts.
This course is delivered in-house, contact us for details.