CAPM®CAPM certification training
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) credential is aimed at new and emerging Project Managers who wish to enhance their credibility and effectiveness working in project teams. The CAPM certification is one of the best ways to start your career in project management.
Falcon Training has been helping professionals across New Zealand and further afield attain their CAPM certification since 2008.
We offer classroom based CAPM Certification Preparation Training and our materials are updated to align to the latest version – 6th edition of the PMBOK® Guide. Training available in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin, New Zealand.
Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market
Source: PMI. (nd). www.pmi.org
Falcon Training Pass Rate
- First time pass
The combination of classroom training, self study and engagement has resulted in excellent first time pass rates for Falcon Training delegates
- 37.5 hours of classroom training
- 4 simulated exams
- Downloadable course material
- Student workbook
- Free exam preparation guide
- Assistance with exam booking
- Attendance certificate
Details about the training
Duration: 5 days classroom-led training
The course is presented one day a week over 5 weeks to allow time for pre-reading and self study, and also lessen the impact of being away from the office for five days.
Public exam preparation courses around New Zealand:
- Other centers available on request
Corporate training available anywhere in New Zealand and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
- Introduction to the PMBOK® Guide
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- PMI® Professional and Social Responsibility
- Exam Tips & Tricks
To apply for the CAPM exam, you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent), and
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
- This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
- 150 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in 3 hours
- Computer based exam: Available at a Prometric or Pearson Vue testing centre around the country (Pearson Vue is Online Proctored exam)
- Paper based exam: CAPM exam can also be taken as a paper based test in Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Paper based dates set by PMI global, application deadline approx 8 weeks before exam date
- Online Proctored exam: Take it in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor, learn more here
- For more information refer to the CAPM handbook
- To maintain your CAPM certification, you must retake the exam every five years
You would be required to take up the PMI® membership and apply for the respective exam on the website – http://www.pmi.org/
- PMI Member: US $225
- Non-member: US $300
PMI membership fees:
- US $129 to join (plus US $10 application fee)
- US $129 to renew
PMINZ membership fees:
- US $60 to join
- US $60 to renew
Certificate of Completion for 37.5 hours of professional project management training with a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Participants can claim 37.5 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
For an offline registration: Falcon Training – Public Course Registration Form. For group registrations, please contact us directly.