Contract ManagementProfessional development
Construction contracts can be an expensive nightmare if you lack an understanding of the terms specified in the contract. This one-day workshop takes a deep dive into the four most well-known and used contracts in the New Zealand construction industry.
This workshop is aimed at business professionals who use contracts in their day to day roles. This course will improve participants overall understanding of the contract process, and provide important information around the management and administration of construction contracts.
Poor Contract Management Costs Companies 9% – Bottom Line
- Increase understanding of construction contracts in New Zealand.
- Become familiar with the characteristics and practical application of NZS series 3910, 3915, 3916 and 3604.
- Gain knowledge and skills to improve contract communications, manage change and variation control, and effectively manage the project control group.
- 8 hours of interactive classroom training
- Attendance certificate
- Course material
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Over 20 FREE Project Management templates
- Student workbook
Details about the training
- Construction managers and workers
- Project Managers
- Managers, Technical Specialists and Project Team Members
Duration: 1 day workshop
This training course can be delivered on- or offsite anywhere in New Zealand and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
Course fee: $899 + GST
Fees quoted in New Zealand dollar (NZ $).
Construction Contracts – Background and Introduction
- Contract options and forms
- The NZ3910-5-6 series vs NEC series
- Characteristics, features, advantages and disadvantages of each series
- Practical application and requirement to use the NZ 3910-5-6 series
- Basic contract law
- Fair and reasonable approaches to contracting
- Practical tips in adopting construction contracts
The NZS 3910-15-16 Series
- In depth review of each contract form
- Examine the meaning and application of each form
- Review the roles and responsibilities of the Engineer to Contract /
- Engineers Representative / Project Manager
- Contract definitions and terms
The NZS3604 Standard
- Review use and application of the standard
- Address issues and challenges experienced with this standard
Managing Contracts (NZ3910-5-6)
- Day to day management of the contracts
- Top 5 daily aspects Project Managers need to consider when managing contracts
- Contract and project reporting options and considerations
- Contract communications
- Change management and variation control
- Programme Management
- Project Control Group Management
No formal prerequisites, although familiarity with contracts and the project environment would be beneficial