Project Management TechniquesProfessional development
The Project Management Techniques is an introduction to Professional Project Management and is perfect for anyone who is new to the profession, or needs a refresher on best practice in the industry.
This course is designed to familiarise business professionals with project management knowledge and skills for both technical and administrative projects.
Enhance your project management planning, delivery, scheduling, controlling, customer service, interface knowledge, techniques, and skills
- Determine goals, objectives, and requirements of a project
- Understand planning: what it does and does not do
- Create a project network diagram
- Develop and use a Gantt Chart and a Milestone Chart
- Apply general management skills to projects
- Overcome communication barriers
- Apply control and monitoring techniques
- Implement and maintain project baselines
- Control quality and risks
- Establish guidelines for successful closeouts
- 14 hours of classroom training
- Downloadable course material
- Downloadable project management templates
- Student workbook
- Free project management textbook
- Attendance certificate
Details about the training
- New and emerging Project Managers
- Managers, Technical Specialists and Project Team Members
Duration: 2 days classroom-led training
Public training are available around New Zealand:
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
Corporate training available anywhere in New Zealand and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
Course fee: $1,450 + GST
Fees quoted in New Zealand dollar (NZ $). Contact us for corporate rates.
- Introduction to professional Project Management
- Project Management in an Organisation
- Project Management Life-cycle (Initiating, Planning, Executing and Controlling, Closing)
- Scope, Time and Cost Management
- Risk and Resource Management
- Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Review of frequently used Project Management Tools, including Microsoft Project
No formal prerequisites, although a familiarity with a project environment would be beneficial
Participants can claim 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
For an offline registration: Falcon Training – Public Course Registration Form. For group registrations, please contact us directly.