Live and Online CAPM®CAPM certification training
Falcon Training and the New Zealand Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMINZ) have partnered up to help you prepare for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam with Virtual Live Online Training VOLT.
Over the course of 12 weeks, our highly skilled CAPM trainers will cover everything you need to prepare for the CAPM exam, including the PMBOK® Guide sixth edition, group discussions and mock exams.
Live sessions are presented online using cutting edge technology. Log in from the comfort of your home to join in professional training sessions, group discussions and online collaboration.
This course is taught by a PMI Registered Education Provider
- Receive quality CAPM exam preparation training delivered by certified and skilled facilitators
- Earn 30 exam contact hours from a PMI Registered Education Provider
- Discuss the project life cycle and knowledge areas of Project Management
- Explain the project management processes
- Demonstrate the formulas, charts, and theories of project management
- Calculate activity estimates, critical paths, and project float
- Complete review questions and exercises every session
- Sit three mock exams to test your knowledge
- Access downloadable course content
Details about the training
- Course duration: 12 weeks
- Session duration: 2.5 hours each
- Time: Weeknights 19:00 – 21:30 (NZ Standard Time)
- Internet connection: The bandwidth requirements to have a seamless video and audio experience is 2.0 Mbps (up and down)
- Test your internet speed here: www.speedtest.net
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- PMI® Professional and Social Responsibility
- The Agile Practice Guide®
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- 30 hours of Video and Audio Content
- Downloadable Content
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Formulas Guide
- Mock Exams
- Business professionals and IT managers who are preparing to pass their PMI CAPM examination
- Junior project managers who wish to gain formal project management accreditation and certification
- Practitioners who wish to earn 30 PDUs from a PMI Registered Education Provider
To apply for the CAPM exam, you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- NZ NCEA Level 3 / 7th Form Certificate / University Entrance (or the global equivalent), and
- 1,500 hours of project experience
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
- This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
- 150 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in 3 hours
- Computer based exam: Available at a Prometric or Pearson Vue testing centre around the country (Pearson Vue is Online Proctored exam)
- Paper based exam: CAPM exam can also be taken as a paper based test in Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Paper based dates set by PMI global, application deadline approx 8 weeks before exam date
- Online Proctored exam: Take it in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor, learn more here
- Exam content outline
- For more information refer to the CAPM handbook
- To maintain your CAPM certification, you must retake the exam every five years
You would be required to create a profile on the PMI® website to apply for the exam at www.pmi.org
- PMI Member: US $225
- Non-member: US $300
PMI membership fees:
- US $129 to join (plus US $10 application fee)
- US $129 to renew
PMINZ membership fees:
- US $60 to join
- US $60 to renew
Certificate of Completion for 30 hours of professional project management training with a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
For existing certified practitioners, participants can claim 30 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
What are the eligibility criteria to sit the CAPM® exam?
- You need
A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent), and
At least 1,500 hours experience working on projects
- OR; 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.The 5-day Falcon CAPM training course education hours can be used towards the education hours for this application.
Should I become a member of PMI®?
It’s not required but we strongly recommend it. There is a great exam fee discount for members. Additionally, you get a free pdf of the latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide, access to the PMI Marketplace, networking opportunities, templates, newsletters and many other benefits. Make sure you join before paying the exam fee.
Do I have to renew the CAPM®?
No, the CAPM credential expires after 5 years.
The assumption is that during this time you will gain enough experience to sit the PMP® certification.
Can I choose whether I sit a paper-based or computer-based test?
Yes, but it depends where choose to take the exam.
Computer based testing is available in Auckland at the Prometric testing centre, you can also take the exam at any Pearson Vue testing centre (Online Proctored exam)
Online proctored exams are available for the CAPM certification, read more about it here
You can sit the CAPM paper-based exam in Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Please note exam applications for paper based exams need to be submitted via PMI.org 6 weeks prior to the paper-based exam date. Contact us for more info.
How long before I get results?
If you sit a computer-based test you will get your results straight away.
If you sit a paper-based test you will get your results somewhere between 2 and 6 weeks after sitting the exam.
What are the exams based on?
The CAPM® exam is based purely on knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide.
Do I have to study any course materials before attending the exam preparation course?
No, not before the course begins but definitely during the 12 weeks of the course period. The course is presented at a fast pace and we assume you are familiar with the basic concepts of project management, especially if you are aiming for the PMP® certification.
Emerging project managers who are looking for the fundamentals, should first consider the 2-day Project Management Techniques course offered by Falcon Training.
Will I have to study while on the course?
Yes, you will have study and exercises to complete between course days.
The amount will depend on your familiarity with the concepts, how recently you have been in an education setting, what your particular learning style is and your other time commitments.
The work set could take anywhere from 4-8 hours between each session.
What’s the difference between the PMBOK® Guide and PRINCE2®?
In short, the PMBOK® Guide contains many of the processes, tools, techniques and templates from which you are encouraged to select those appropriate to your project.
PRINCE2® is a specific methodology developed by the government in the UK for managing low complexity IT projects.
Both offer processes, but the PMBOK® Guide is a collection of experience-based knowledge, while PRINCE2® is a specific set of techniques. Where the PMBOK® Guide is informative, PRINCE2® is instructional.
If the PMBOK® Guide is a toolbox, PRINCE2® is an assembly guide. Additionally, PRINCE2® is just one of many hundreds of off-the-shelf methodologies (others include Method123, UPMM, PRISM, Scrum, XP etc.), available to an organization wishing to have an off-the-shelf solution rather than developing its own methodology. We strongly encourage developing your own appropriate project management methodology, which the PMP® training will help you to achieve.