CAPM®CAPM certification training
Respected across all industries, and one of the top 10 IT management certifications; the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification demonstrates the ability to handle the responsibility of managing a product or service life-cycle and is well suited to people working in and around projects.
For a new and emerging Project Manager or member of a project team, the CAPM certification is one of the best ways to push start your career and become familiar with professional project management.
Falcon Training has been helping professionals across New Zealand and further afield attain their CAPM certification since 2008.
We provide professional classroom based CAPM Certification Preparation Training and our materials are updated to align to the latest version – 6th edition of the PMBOK® Guide.
Regardless of your career stage, the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is an asset that will distinguish you in the job market
Source: PMI. (nd). www.pmi.org
Falcon Training Pass Rate
- First time pass
The combination of classroom training, self study and engagement has resulted in excellent first time pass rates for Falcon Training delegates
- 37.5 hours of classroom training
- 4 mock exams
- Assistance with exam booking – if required
- Attendance certificate (37.5 PDUs)
- Course material
- Exam preparation guidance
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Student workbook
FREE hard copy of the PMBOK® Guide – 6th Edition
Details about the training
Duration: 5 days classroom-led training
The course is presented one day a week over 5 weeks to allow time for pre-reading and self study, and also lessen the impact of being away from the office for five days.
Public exam preparation courses available around New Zealand:
- Auckland, Hamilton, Rotorua, Taupo, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin
- Other centers available on request
Corporate and in-house training available anywhere in New Zealand, Australia and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
- Standard course fee: $2,990 + GST
- Early bird (8% discount): $2,750 + GST
- PMINZ member rates (10% discount): $2,690 + GST
Fees quoted in New Zealand dollar (NZ $). Contact us for corporate rates.
Course fees do not include the cost of PMI membership or the CAPM exam.
- Introduction to the PMBOK® Guide
- Project Management Framework
- Project Management Processes
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- PMI® Professional and Social Responsibility
- Exam Tips & Tricks
No available dates in your area? Contact us to talk about in-house delivery or joining a waiting list.
To apply for the CAPM exam, you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam.
- This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
- 150 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in 3 hours
- Computer based exam: Available at Pearson Vue testing centres around New Zealand and Australia.
- Online Proctored exam: Take it in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor, learn more here
- For more information refer to the CAPM handbook
- To maintain your CAPM certification, you must retake the exam every five years
You would be required to take up the PMI® membership and apply for the respective exam on the website – http://www.pmi.org/
- PMI Member: US $225
- Non-member: US $300
PMI membership fees:
- US $129 to join (plus US $10 application fee)
- US $129 to renew
PMINZ membership fees:
- US $60 to join
- US $60 to renew
Certificate of Completion for 37.5 hours of professional project management training with a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Participants can claim 37.5 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
What are the eligibility criteria to sit the CAPM® examination
- You need
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent), and
- At least 1,500* hours experience working on projects
- 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.The 5-day Falcon CAPM training course education hours can be used towards the education hours for this application.
* From 28 August 2019 new CAPM applicants will no longer need to have 1,500-hour work experience as a prerequisite.
CAPM® vs PMP®
Which certification should you apply for?
The PMP® certification recognises demonstrated competence in leading and directing project teams. If you’re an experienced project manager looking to solidify your skills, stand out to employers and maximise your earning potential, the PMP® credential is the right choice for you.
If you’re a less experienced project manager looking to demonstrate your commitment to project management, improve your ability to manage larger projects, earn additional responsibility and stand out to potential employers, the CAPM® certification is right for you.
For further details, please look at our brochure CAPM vs PMP
Should I become a member of PMI®?
Absolutely! There is a great exam fee discount for members. Additionally, you get a free pdf of the latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide, access to the PMI Marketplace, networking opportunities, templates, newsletters and many other benefits. Make sure you join before paying the exam fee.
Falcon Training also offers a 10% discount on the 5 day CAPM® exam preparation course for PMI members. Contact us to make use of this offer!
Do I have to renew the CAPM® certification?
No, the CAPM credential expires after 5 years.
The assumption is that during this time you will gain enough experience to sit the PMP® certification.
How long before I get results?
You will get your results straight away.
What is the exam based on?
The CAPM® exam is based purely on knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide.
Do I have to study any course materials before attending the exam preparation course?
No, not before the course begins but definitely during the 5 weeks course period. The course is presented at a fast pace and we assume you are familiar with the basic concepts of project management.
Emerging project managers who are looking for the fundamentals, should first consider the 2-day Project Management Techniques course offered by Falcon Training.
Will I have to study while on the course?
Yes, you will have study and exercises to complete between course days. The amount will depend on your familiarity with the concepts, how recently you have been in an education setting, what your particular learning style is and your other time commitments. The work set could take anywhere from 4-8 hours between each session.
What’s the difference between the PMBOK® Guide and PRINCE2®?
In short, the PMBOK® Guide contains many of the processes, tools, techniques and templates from which you are encouraged to select those appropriate to your project.
PRINCE2® is a specific methodology developed by the government in the UK for managing low complexity IT projects.
Both offer processes, but the PMBOK® Guide is a collection of experience-based knowledge, while PRINCE2® is a specific set of techniques. Where the PMBOK® Guide is informative, PRINCE2® is instructional.
If the PMBOK® Guide is a toolbox, PRINCE2® is an assembly guide. Additionally, PRINCE2® is just one of many hundreds of off-the-shelf methodologies (others include Method123, UPMM, PRISM, Scrum, XP etc.), available to an organization wishing to have an off-the-shelf solution rather than developing its own methodology. We strongly encourage developing your own appropriate project management methodology, which the PMP® training will help you to achieve.
For an offline registration: Falcon Training – Public Course Registration Form. For group registrations, please contact us directly.