Product-based PlanningProfessional development
This interactive 1-day Product Based Planning training will not be a delivery of pure theory, but rather a focus on common thoughts, themes, and advice on how to best navigate the PRINCE2 principle of focusing on products. This training is perfect for anyone who would like to know how to apply Product-based Planning in practice; and more specifically how to:
- write the Project Product description
- create the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS)
- write the Product Descriptions (PD)
- create a Product Flow Diagram (PFD)
This course is designed to familiarise business professionals with Product-based Planning knowledge and skills for both technical and administrative projects. Tailoring this with your internal framework is encouraged in order to maximise it’s relevance to your project managers and your organisation.
Focus on Products
The Value of Planning
Product-based planning goes to the heart of a successful project: the more time you put in at the start to identifying what needs to be built along the project’s journey, the more likely you are to ultimately give the customer what they want.
- Understand the 7 Guiding Principles of Project Management
- Understand the different phases of Project Delivery
- The importance of Stakeholder engagement
- An overview of Agile
- The Value of Planning
- Product-based planning in practice
- 8 hours of classroom training (8 PDU’s can be claimed)
- Attendance certificate
- Course material
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Over 20 FREE Project Management Templates
Details about the training
- Business Professionals, Managers, Technical Specialists and Project Team Members
Duration: 1 day classroom-led training
Public training is available around New Zealand:
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
Corporate training available anywhere in New Zealand and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
New Zealand based courses:
Course fee: NZ$850 + GST
Australia based courses:
Course fee: AU$800 + GST
Please contact us for corporate rates.
- Guiding Principles of Project Management
- Phases of Project Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- An overview of Agile
- The value of planning
- Product-based planning steps and the PRINCE2 approach to Plans
No formal prerequisites, although a familiarity with a project environment would be beneficial
Participants can claim 8 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
For an offline registration: Falcon Training – Public Course Registration Form. For group registrations, please contact us directly.