PMI Agile Certified Practitioner®PMI-ACP certification training
Recently indicated as one of the top 10 IT management certifications; the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® credential is perfect for IT managers and agile team members alike – Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Test Analysts, Change Leaders and more.
This certification demonstrates the ability to work on or lead an agile team. The syllabus covers Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD). We combine this with practical advice on how to apply agile to your projects.
PMI-ACP is the only Agile Certification that requires a combination of training, experience, and proven understanding through examination.
We provide classroom based PMI-ACP Certification Preparation Training and our materials are updated to align to the latest version six of the PMBOK® Guide and Agile Practice Guide.
PMI-ACP spans many agile approaches including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) The certification will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
Source: PMI. (nd). www.pmi.org
Falcon Training Pass Rate
- First time pass
The combination of classroom training, self study and engagement has resulted in excellent first time pass rates for Falcon Training delegates
- 21 hours of classroom training
- 3 mock exams
- Assistance with exam booking – if required
- Attendance certificate (21 PDUs)
- Course material
- Exam preparation guidance
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Student workbook
FREE PMI-ACP exam preparation textbook
Details about the training
Duration: 3 days classroom-led training
Public exam preparation courses are available around New Zealand and Australia:
- Other centers available on request
Corporate and in-house training available anywhere in New Zealand, Australia and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
New Zealand based delivery;
- Standard course fee: $2,450 + GST
- Early bird (8% discount): $2,254 + GST
- PMINZ member rates (10% discount): $2,205 + GST
Fees quoted in New Zealand dollar (NZ $). Contact us for corporate rates.
Australia based delivery;
- Standard course fee: AUD$2,099 incl GST
- PMI Chapter Member fee: AUD$1,899 incl GST
Fees quoted in Australian dollars (AUD). Contact us for corporate rates.
- Agile Principles and Mindset
- Value-Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning
- Problem Detection & Resolution
- Continuous Improvement
- Exam Tips & Tricks
How the PMI-ACP certification compares to the rest: Agile Certification Comparison Chart
No available dates in your area? Contact us to talk about in-house delivery or joining a waiting list.
To apply for the PMI-ACP exam, you need to fulfil the following prerequisites:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
- 120 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in 3 hours
- Computer based exam: Available at Pearson Vue testing centres around New Zealand and Australia.
- Online Proctored exam: Take it in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor, learn more here
- For more information refer to the PMI-ACP handbook
- To maintain your PMI-ACP certification, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years
You would be required to take up the PMI® membership and apply for the respective exam on the website – http://www.pmi.org/
- PMI Member: US $435
- Non-member: US $495
PMI membership fees:
- US $129 to join (plus US $10 application fee)
- US $129 to renew
PMINZ membership fees:
- US $60 to join
- US $60 to renew
Certificate of Completion for 21 hours of professional agile training with a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Participants can claim 21 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and contribute these towards the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certification.
What are the eligibility criteria to sit the PMI-ACP® examination?
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. (A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP); and
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience; and
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices. This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
What project management hours can I claim?
Should I become a member of PMI®?
Absolutely! There is a great exam fee discount for members. Additionally, you get a free pdf of the latest edition of the PMBOK® Guide, access to the PMI Marketplace, networking opportunities, templates, newsletters and many other benefits. Make sure you join before paying the exam fee.
Falcon Training also offers a 10% discount on the 3 day PMI-ACP® and exam preparation course for PMI members. Contact us to make use of this offer!
How do I log my hours?
You start by completing your eligibility application on line at the PMI® website. It is a fully editable so you can change things around as you go. It calculates the total amount of hours submitted and lets you know when you can press submit. Visit PMI’s certification page and press ‘Apply Now’.
Alternatively, we offer an offline assess service where we review your application prior to submitting it to PMI. We ensure you have covered all of the pre-qualification criteria to guarantee a smooth review process.
How do PMI check my eligibility application?
PMI® randomly select approximately 20% of applications to be audited. If you have been selected for an audit, you will be notified after your application has been approved and scheduled, and you have paid for the exam. If you get past this stage and are not notified, you will not be audited.
What happens if I am audited?
First step. Let us know. We have a complete information guide which steps you through the audit process.
If you are selected for audit you will be directed to download pdf versions of your application form, showing the eligibility criteria you have entered. These cannot be edited at this point. You then email these documents to the people you indicated would verify your experience on your application form. They must physically sign the documents and return them to you in a sealed envelope so you can post to PMI.
Remember: you will need to be able to prove everything you entered on your application.
Should I record more hours than what I need to in my application form?
Only put down the hours you require for the certification, as this will make it much easier to prove if you are audited.
Do I have to renew the PMI-ACP® certification?
Yes, you do. The PMI-ACP credential is only valid for 3 years.
During these 3 years you must gain 30 Professional Development Units (PDU’s).
You can gain PDU’s by working as a project manager, attending local branch meetings, participating in on-going education, speaking at events, reading related material or through other professional development activities. This is to ensure you stay committed to your professional project management development.
How long before I get results?
You will get your results straight away.
Can I pass the exam without studying?
Highly unlikely. The exam is hard and requires preparation. Your experience alone will not be sufficient to pass the exam. The Falcon Training exam preparation course is designed around globally recognized standards for Project Managers and covers specific techniques and methodologies you will encounter in the 3-hour closed book exam.
Will I have to study while on the course?
Yes, you will have study and exercises to complete between course days. The amount will depend on your familiarity with the concepts, how recently you have been in an education setting, what your particular learning style is and your other time commitments. The work set could take anywhere from 4-8 hours between each session.
What’s the difference between the PMBOK® Guide and PRINCE2®?
PRINCE2® is a specific methodology developed by the government in the UK for managing low complexity IT projects.
Both offer processes, but the PMBOK® Guide is a collection of experience-based knowledge, while PRINCE2® is a specific set of techniques. Where the PMBOK® Guide is informative, PRINCE2® is instructional.
If the PMBOK® Guide is a toolbox, PRINCE2® is an assembly guide. Additionally, PRINCE2® is just one of many hundreds of off-the-shelf methodologies (others include Method123, UPMM, PRISM, Scrum, XP etc.), available to an organization wishing to have an off-the-shelf solution rather than developing its own methodology. We strongly encourage developing your own appropriate project management methodology, which the PMP® training will help you to achieve.
For an offline registration: Falcon Training – Public Course Registration Form. For group registrations, please contact us directly.