Live and Online PMI-ACP®PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner training
Falcon Training will help you to prepare for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam with Virtual Live Online Training VOLT.
Over the course of 6 weeks, our highly skilled PMI-ACP trainers will cover everything you need to prepare for the PMI-ACP exam, including the Agile Practice Guide, group discussions and mock exams.
PMI-ACP spans many agile approaches including Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD.) The certification will increase your versatility, wherever your projects may take you.
Source: PMI. (nd). www.pmi.org
Live sessions are presented online using cutting edge technology. Log in from the comfort of your home to join in professional training sessions, group discussions and online collaboration.
This course is taught by a PMI Registered Education Provider
- Receive quality PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam preparation training delivered by certified and skilled facilitators
- Earn 21 exam contact hours from a PMI Registered Education Provider
- Discuss the project life cycle and knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide 6th edition with confidence
- Explain the project management processes
- 21 hours of online training
- 3 mock exams
- Assistance with exam booking – if required
- Attendance certificate (21 PDUs)
- Course material
- Exam preparation guidance
- Email support during and after the course
Details about the training
- Course duration: 6 weeks
- Session duration: 3 hours each
- Time: One weekday per week
- Internet connection: The bandwidth requirements to have a seamless video and audio experience is 2.0 Mbps (up and down)
- Test your internet speed here: www.speedtest.net
- Overview, Introduction and Agile Principles and Mind-set
- Value Driven Delivery
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Team Performance
- Adaptive Planning and Problem Detection and Resolution
- Continuous Improvement, exam tips and review
How the PMI-ACP certification compares to the rest: Agile Certification Comparison Chart
- 21 hours of Video and Audio Content
- Downloadable Content
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Formulas Guide
- Mock Exams
- PMBOK® Guide Process Chart
To apply for the PMI-ACP exam, you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices
- This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
- 120 multiple-choice questions, to be completed in 3 hours
- Computer based exam: Available at Pearson Vue testing centres around New Zealand and Australia.
- Online Proctored exam: Take it in the comfort of your home or office while being monitored by an offsite proctor, learn more here
- For more information refer to the PMI-ACP handbook
- To maintain your PMI-ACP certification, you must earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years
You would be required to take up the PMI® membership and apply for the respective exam on the website – http://www.pmi.org/
- PMI Member: US $435
- Non-member: US $495
PMI membership fees:
- US $129 to join (plus US $10 application fee)
- US $129 to renew
Certificate of Completion for 18 hours of professional agile training with a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P) of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Participants can claim 18 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) and contribute these towards the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certification.
What are the eligibility criteria to sit the PMI-ACP® examination?
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. (A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP); and
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience; and
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices. This exam preparation course contact hours can be applied to this requirement
What project management hours can I claim?
Should I become a member of PMI®?
Absolutely! There is a great exam fee discount for members. Additionally, you get a free pdf of the latest edition of the Agile Practice Guide, access to the PMI Marketplace, networking opportunities, templates, newsletters and many other benefits. Make sure you join before paying the exam fee.
Falcon Training also offers a 10% discount on the 5 day classroom based PMP® exam preparation course for PMI members. Contact us to make use of this offer!
How do I log the hours in my exam application?
You start by completing your eligibility application on line at the PMI® website. It is a fully editable so you can change things around as you go. It calculates the total amount of hours submitted and lets you know when you can press submit. Visit PMI’s certification page and press ‘Apply Now’.
Alternatively, we offer an offline assess service where we review your application prior to submitting it to PMI. We ensure you have covered all of the pre-qualification criteria to guarantee a smooth review process.
How do PMI check my eligibility application?
PMI® randomly select approximately 20% of applications to be audited. If you have been selected for an audit, you will be notified after your application has been approved and scheduled, and you have paid for the exam. If you get past this stage and are not notified, you have not been selected for audit.
What happens if I am audited?
First step, let us know. We have a complete information guide which steps you through the audit process.
If you are selected for audit you will be directed to download pdf versions of your application form, showing the eligibility criteria you have entered. These cannot be edited at this point. You then email these documents to the people you indicated would verify your experience on your application form. They must physically sign the documents and return them to you in a sealed envelope so you can post them to PMI. Remember: you will need to be able to prove everything you entered on your application.
Should I record more hours than what I need to in my application form?
Only put down the hours you require for the certification, as this will make it much easier to prove if you are audited.
Do I have to renew the PMI-ACP® certification?
Yes, you do. The PMI-ACP credential is only valid for 3 years.
During these 3 years you must gain 30 Professional Development Units (PDU’s).
You can gain PDU’s by working as a project manager, attending local branch meetings, participating in on-going education, speaking at events, reading related material or through other professional development activities. This is to ensure you stay committed to your professional project management development.
How long before I get results?
You will get your results straight away.
Can I pass the exam without studying?
Highly unlikely. The exam is hard and requires preparation. Your experience alone will not be sufficient to pass the exam. The Falcon Training exam preparation course is designed around globally recognized standards for Project Managers and covers specific techniques and methodologies you will encounter in the 4-hour closed book exam.
Will I have to study while on the course?
Yes, you will have study and exercises to complete between course days. The amount will depend on your familiarity with the concepts, how recently you have been in an education setting, what your particular learning style is and your other time commitments. The work set could take anywhere from 4-8 hours between each session.